This page is more or less redundant and needs incorporating into other more suitable articles
This page will provide a list of things that have been identified as TO DO's. The top menu items should be taken as a template for placing any other To Do's on the System
- 1 Naming Protocols for PGVWiki
- 2 Multi Language Support
- 3 Movement of FAQ's from SourceForge to PGVWiki
- 4 Movement of How To's from SourceForge to PGVWiki
Naming Protocols for PGVWiki
Design page naming protocols for PGVWiki to ensure consistency in the documentation of the site and to assist in the easy navigation of the site.
Follow Wikipedia Protocol? Snag a page naming article from Wikipedia? Tom Haws 16:13, 24 November 2005 (EST)
Multi Language Support
PGVWiki Needs to be able to support multiple languages. Investigate how this can best be done and implement. Translations should not start till this is finalised.
- Some discussion in relation to this has taken place here
--Laurie 13:58, 24 November 2005 (EST)
- Overview: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_links
- Also there is documentation here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Interwiki_link#Interlanguage_link_.28software_feature.29
- and here http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_links
I have figured out how to get the language modules working for smooth movement between the various languages. It talks about updating the interwiki table as shown in the following diagram:-
Note: This should be $1/fr
What was staring me in the face and I have only just seen is "title=fr/$1". If you have your wiki set up as default English as we have you enter "title=$1" NOT "title=en/$1" as you would for a supported language. Obviously the variable "$1" refers to the page title. So multiple language support is working for pages. I need to do some more research on the sidebar. --Laurie 17:09, 24 November 2005 (EST)
- I think you may need to do "title=en/$1" for English to get this all working right. Tom Haws 14:58, 7 December 2005 (EST)
If you add a wiki link to a Spanish page like Pagina Principal/es, it directs to the English language article. It needs to direct to the Spanish article if you are in a Spanish article. You have to put the "/es" at the end of it or it will take you to the English version. That is not good. The various language versions need to be independent. phpGedView in Pagina Principal/es should go to the "phpGedView" article in the same language as the referring article. Tom Haws 07:16, 1 December 2005 (EST)
Problems with our status today:
- English is not treated equally as a "language". I don't know for certain, but it seems intuitive that this may cause problems. Shouldn't we have chmod/en and phpGedView/en?
- Fixed in new layout --Laurie Lewis 08:57, 18 December 2005 (EST)
- Wikilinks are broken. To appear right, we have to write [[phpGedView/es|phpGedView]] instead of just [[phpGedView]], or [[chmod/fr|chmod]] instead of [[chmod]].
- The wiki doesn't know to put us in the Danish wiki when we go to a Danish page. This is related to the above.
Totally changed layout
To future proof PGVWiki and make it as easy as I can for anyone administering the backend we have changed to having a single wiki for each language. Also to make it very simple the nameing of each wiki will be http://wiki.phpgedview.net/languagecode/index?pagetitle. All language versions as they are added will be added to the interwiki table for linking. --Laurie Lewis 08:55, 18 December 2005 (EST)
Site policies now need to be finalised for multiple language areas so that we have consistency across the language versions for the documentation - namespaces etc. --Laurie Lewis 08:59, 18 December 2005 (EST)
Status - (Current)
Movement of FAQ's from SourceForge to PGVWiki
Trawling SourceForge for FAQ for phpGedView and incorporating them into PGVWiki.
I have asked Sourceforge for a database dump. Think easy first. If that falls through, Plan B will be look for a robot to trawl, then start manual searches if necessary (???). We can cross that bridge when we come to it. Tom Haws 16:16, 24 November 2005 (EST)
Sourceforge says, "No, we don't provide a dump. You can file an RFE." I'm not sure what to do about this now. Tom Haws 07:10, 1 December 2005 (EST)
Movement of How To's from SourceForge to PGVWiki
Trawling SourceForge for How To's for phpGedView and incorporating them into PGVWiki