How about having a big version (like 135px by 135px) of the tree from Image:Pgvwiki_logo_3.png and superimpose variations of the PGVWiki text over the top of it. - Does anyone have a high quality, layered version of any of the current logos? --Nath | Talk 19:45, 9 November 2007 (EST)
Discussion on PGVWiki Logo
- I wonder if someone could find an acceptable logo - not the green toadstool with indistinct wording? --Paul Blair 09:58, 29 November 2007 (EST)
- Anything without a toadstool is good. --Paul Blair 18:50, 29 November 2007 (EST)
- If the logo is for the PGV Wiki, then a non-white background doesn't matter. This Wiki does not offer other skins. But why does the Wiki need to have a different logo than PGV itself? I like this logo (the dotted tree) better than the others (and I like most of them) but I think PGV and its documentation should have the same or similar logos. --Wes Groleau
- I agree with PGV and the PGVWiki having similar logos, however, for the wiki we need a square logo (ideally 135px x 135px). The PGV logo is rectangular and no one has come forward with an original layered, full resolution image that can be easily manipulated for size/dimensions. I've tried to keep the same font's and colours for a "corporate identity". I'm happy to try and create a PGVWiki logo with the original tree in place of the "dotted tree", but I think my attempt to draw a "tree" would not be good! --Nath | Talk 18:06, 4 December 2007 (EST)
- I have put Nathan's latest graphic up so we can see what it looks like on the website.
- If it helps I could also generate a "new" PGV logo (or several variants) so we have a fully layered high quality image available. These HQ images could then be used in print/posters (if anyone uses them) for a more professional finish. I'd use my latest PGVWiki logo as a basis and just change the size and position of the text etc. --Nath | Talk 00:38, 6 December 2007 (EST)
--Laurie Lewis 09:06, 5 December 2007 (EST)
- I think the "latest" (6 Dec 2007) is clearly the best in terms of being consistent with the program logo. I still like the dotted tree best but I would vote against it for consistency. Now if you also wanted to change the program logo.....
-- Wes Groleau 00:53 6 December 2007 (EST)
- Another toadstool
- My comment in November was "I wonder if someone could find an acceptable logo - not the green toadstool with indistinct wording?" - it sort of kicked off the current discussion. No need to be verbose...this is a rerun of the original logo that was so dreadful.
- Sorry, I must be being really dense! It is not clear (at least to me) which logo(s) you are referring to as looking like a toadstool and hence which logo(s) look dreadful. It's also not clear what you mean by "original logo" - do you mean the "original PGV logo?" Cheers, --Nath | Talk 01:11, 8 December 2007 (EST)
- A green toadstool is a green toadstool, wherever it appears. Ugh.
- Paul, would you mind explaining yourself from the beginning as I'm not aware of you original "toadstood" comment(s). Could you be explicit in which logo's you are referring. Are you trying to say that you do not like the spherical tree icon as it resembles a "toadstool"? It would be great if you could provide some constructive criticism or and even better if you had some suggestions with regards to a better logo. Cheers --Nath | Talk 10:23, 9 December 2007 (EST)
- The original remark (which you replied to!) is in PGVWiki:Bulletin Board. As I indicated earlier (scroll up a few lines) I commented there that perhaps someone might design a more acceptable logo. I even posted an idea of a different one. Perhaps, in the rush, you have missed these?