The ethos of a wiki means that the whole community can contribute, irrespective of beliefs or opinions. The result is a wiki that meets the consensus and needs of the community, leading to a more useful and long lived article.
Skills Required To Help
You don't need:
- Previous Wiki experience - you add the content, we'll format it nicely!
- Programming skills
- Experience with PhpGedView - but helpful
However, you do need:
What Needs To Be Done
Here are some generally useful pages to visit if you want to know what needs to be done on the PGVWiki.
- Stub Articles
- You should see the list of stub articles - these are short "stubby" articles that need content adding to make them more useful. Selecting an item from the category list will take you to the relevant page which needs attention.
- To-do Lists
- You should see the list of articles containing To-do lists. Selecting an item from this category list will take you to the relevant talk page for the article that needs attention. The actions required will be listed.
- PGVWiki Page translations
- Please see the PGVWiki Translations page for details of what to do and how to do it.
The rest of this article (below) remains in place for the time being until these tasks are added to the appropriate articles in the form of a to-do list.
Tasks (Full list .....)
- Place answered FAQs from Sourceforge into FAQ section
- Translation of PGVWiki pages. See the list of pages without language links.
- Move PhpGedView help text to User Guide
- How to integrate PhpGedView with a Content Management System