Got an announcement? Post it! Please put latest news first for ease of reading.
Autocompletion of place names
The GeoNames server has had to change the url for name searches (see http://www.geonames.org/export/). You need to edit line 584 of autocomplete.php to read 'ws5.geonames.org' instead of 'ws.geonames.org'. It then works fine. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but no doubt lots of people will have this problem. If you not confident with an editor, you can find an updated version here:. Right-click on autocomplete.php and Save Link As.
--Tony MJ 24th Jan 2009
A New Look PGVWiki
We have introduced a new look to PGVWiki as of today and few new features. The new look will be moved across the main topic areas to ensure some consistency on the front pages or main pages only. We are also (thanks to Nathan) able to better list what needs to be done on PGVWiki with the use of the todo template. A new menu item has been added under the community section - PGVWiki To Do. You will find details about how and where to help us make PGVWiki a better and more complete resource - Many hands make light work.
We are also in the process of reviewing our guidelines so if you have a comment to make now is the time.
--Laurie Lewis 09:47, 9 November 2007 (EST)
- PhpGedView Presentation at the Be'er Sheva Branch of the Israel Genealogical Society
Meliza Amity will give a presentation about PhpGedView to the Israel Genealogical Society in Be'er Sheva, Israel. This is a great opportunity to go and learn more about PhpGedView from one of its most active users and contributors.
- PhpGedView v4.1.2 released
The stable release of Version 4.1.2 is now available for download.
This release is a maintenance release which includes many bug fixes. Version 4.1.2 also includes some of the following new features:
* Incorporated Lightbox module and the new Album tab * Incorporated Media Firewall which allows you to protect your images * Incorporated Image Watermarks * Enhanced date and calendar support including a new Yahrzeit block
Many of the changes included in version 4.1 were developed in partnership with students from Neumont University.
- PhpGedView Presentation at Utah Valley PAF Users Group Meeting
- PhpGedView Presentation at the Tel-Aviv Branch of the Israel Genealogical Society
Meliza Amity will give a presentation about PhpGedView to the Israel Genealogical Society in Tel Aviv, Israel. This is a great opportunity to go and learn more about PhpGedView from one of its most active users.
- PhpGedView at 27th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
John Finlay and Meliza Amity gave a presentation about the PhpGedView to the IAJGS conference in Salt Lake City. They demonstrated PhpGedView and highlighted many of the Hebrew and Jewish features, many of which are unique to PGV.
- PhpGedView at 2007 Family History and Technology Conference
John Finlay and Chris Stolworthy gave a presentation about the Research Assistant module for PhpGedView at the 2007 Family History and Technology Conference. For his part in the presentation, Chris won a best student presentation award.
- Download an abstract of the presentation: Research Assistant FHT2007.pdf
- Download the PPT Slides: FHT2007-Collaborative Research Assistant.ppt
Hilton Campbell also had a demo setup on his Genesis Project which is a desktop tool built on the PhpGedView web service API which will allow you to search across several PhpGedView sites at once. His demo won the best demo award. You can learn more about the Genesis project and download beta releases at http://www.dftproject.org/