However this requires that the PDO database extension is installed on your host. If this is not available, use the 4.2.1 package which will work with the generic database drivers that your host supports.
For convenience PhpGedView 4.2.1 has been divided into several packages which allows you to choose what you want to download.
Modules are plug-ins to PhpGedView which provide additional features or functionality not found in the core files. Some modules may require additional software. See the installation instructions for each module for their requirements.
- PhpGedView (BASIC) 4.2.1
- This package contains the core files to run PhpGedView. It includes the most commonly requested themes and language files. It does not include place maps or any modules.
- PhpGedView (ALL) 4.2.1
- This package contains the complete set files to run PhpGedView, including all themes and language files, place maps and modules. After instalation you can disable the modules you don't need.
- Windows Demo
- This package is a self contained demo version of PhpGedView which can be run out of the box on Windows based systems. This package is great if you want to take PGV for a test drive or if you want to burn your own data for distribution on a CD.
- This package includes other themes maintained with PhpGedView. Other user submitted themes can be found at http://www.pgvthemes.com/
- This package includes place maps for many different countries. Place maps can be enabled in the place hierarchy and on the editing pages.
- This package includes the other languages that have been submitted to PGV including Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Greek, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Lithuanian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Turkish, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
To install a module just upload it to the "modules" directory in your PhpGedView folder. All of these modules are included in the "PhpGedView (ALL) 4.2.1" package above.
- GoogleMap Module
- This module enables GoogleMap support in the program. It will put a person's events on a map from Google.
- Research Assistant Module
- This module enables the a research assistant tool in PGV. This tool is designed to help you with your genealogical research. It provides a way to manage and track research tasks as well as the ability to quickly enter data from sources such as census forms.
- Lightbox Module
- This module enables an alternate way to experience media in PhpGedView. It provides an "Album" tab on the individual page, media slideshows, and other media enhancements.
- Gallery Module
- This module enables support and integration with the Gallery project.
- PunBB Module
- This module enables support and integration with the PunBB forum project. It will allow you to include message forums in your PGV site.
- PhpSysInfo Module
- This module enables support and integration with the PhpSysInfo project.
- Sitemap Module
- This module enables a site map useful for crawlers and search engines.
SVN has details of how to obtain the files from one of the source repositories. If you need to work with the Pre-PDO code, then check out branch 4.2.1