Ahnentafel is a German word meaning "ancestor table."
An "Ahnentafel Report" documents a person's ancestors in narrative form. It is one of many standard report formats used by Genealogists to provide information on individuals shown and numbered on a Pedigree Chart. Each individual in the report is assigned a unique "Ahnentafel Number" each time the report is created (and these numbers could change when a new report is created). This number is used to identify and trace a person and the person's parents in the report and on a graphic Pedigree Chart.
The following is an example of an Ahnentafel Report:
1. John N. DOE was born 6 January 1911 in Newcomb, Campbell County, TN, USA. He died 9 April 1991 in WV, USA. He was buried in Matheny, Wyoming County, WV, USA.
NOTE: Residence: 1920, Hemphill, McDowell, West Virginia
2. John N. DOE Jr. was born 20 August 1877 in Maryville, Blount County, TN, USA. He married Jane Mary SMITH about 1895 in Blount County, TN, USA. He died 28 March 1960 in Roderfield, Mcdowell County, WV, USA.
NOTE: John N. and Jim N. are twins.
3. Jane Mary SMITH was born September 1880 in NC, USA. She died September 1955.
4. Johnny K. DOE was born 1 November 1848 in Blount County, TN, USA. He married Salena Ann JACKSON 1868 in Blount County, TN, USA. He died 12 June 1910 in Cades Cove, Blount County, TN, USA. He was buried1 in Lawson Cemetery. Blount County, TN, USA.
NOTE: 1880 US Federal Census, District 7, Blount TN Possible death 12 Jun 1910 in Cades Cove, Blount Co., TN
5. Salena Ann JACKSON was born 18 November 1849 in Blount County, TN, USA. She died 1 September 1889 in Cades Cove, Blount County, TN, USA.
NOTE: Possible death 1887 Blount Co, TN
6. Samuel DOE was born January 1836 in NC, USA. He died in unknown.
7. Mary (unknown) was born March 1836 in TN, USA. She died in unknown.