Installing MySQL on Windows
- Download the mysql installer from mysql.com http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html
- Extract the zip file and run the Setup.exe file
- Use the Typical setup
- When asked if you want to run the configuration script click yes
- Choose the typical configuration option
- If you only plan on using MySQL for working on PhpGedView and/or you don't anticipate needing multiple MySQL database users, then when asked, uncheck the option to set security.
- Click the execute button.
- Run the MySQL Command Line client from the Start Menu
- If you unchecked the security box, then the password will be empty, otherwise enter the password you set when you configured mysql
- Run the following SQL command to create your phpgedview database (remember to include the semicolon (;)):
create database phpgedview;