Create a Tab
Create a New Tab on Individuals Page
(based on version 4.2.4 code base)
[Note: This article does not yet attempt to make the process easy for the beginner, but here are the basic steps involved. Advanced developers are invited to expand on this article!]
How to add tabs to the individuals page.
- Locate individual_ctrl.php in the /includes/controllers directory of your PGV test site and create a backup of the original.
- Edit individual_ctrl.php in your PHP editor of choice.
- Add your new tab to the tabarray array around line 83 of individual_ctrl.php.
var $tabarray = array("facts"......
- Save your changes to individual_ctrl.php.
- Locate individual.php in the root of your PGV test site.
- Add your tab to the tabid array around lines 242 AND 245.
- Add another false to the loadedtabs array on lines below each of the above.
- Add a "door" for your tab near line 407.
- Add the HTML for your tab by copying the base template from one of the other tabs, for example the media tab
- Upload individual_ctrl.php to the /includes/controllers directory of your PGV test site.
- Test out the new tab.